This page is about the multiroot bootmenu from openaos and will explain a few features it has.
Since kernel version from 09-04-2012, the gen7 bootmenu works the same way as the gen8 one. The menu.lst also changed a bit, so if you have installed an older version and want to flash the newer version then delete menu.lst and on first boot it will be recreated in the right format.
Archos|ARCHOS|ARCHOS|/init|0 Angstrom||/rootfs.img|/sbin/init|1 Gingerbread||/openaos-gingerbread.img|/init|0
The last parameter is only for gen7 (gen8 will ignore it):
- '|1' will set the framebuffer like in the original SDE kernel (e.g. for Ångström).
- '|0' will set it like the Archos Android firmware
- You can repartition internal storage and use ext4 for as filesystem. You then have to add "/dev/mmcblk1p2" on the second position in menu.lst. You can also use the sd-card on gen8 for example "/dev/mmcblk2pX". X is the partition you want to use. If you only have one partition it will be "/dev/mmcblk2p1".
Example menu.lst line:
- Dumping the squashfs file from archos. Create a dir on your internal storage with the name "/openaos/dump". On startup from the bootmenu it will copy the secure squashfs from /mnt/system dir to the dump dir for further extraction.
- Update the squashfs file. Create a dir on your internal storage with the name "/openaos/update". In that folder you can put your new squashfs. Use ".secure" extension if it has the 256 bytes signature.
- If there is a rootfs file with the name "openaos-gingerbread.img" or "openaos-gingerbread.img.gz" in the root of the internal storage and there is no entry for Gingerbread in menu.lst it will create one.
- In the bootmenu where you can choose between the images there is also Advanced Menu at the bottom of the list. When you choose advanced menu it will bring up a menu with the following content.
|Debugging||This will get you to the debug menu||Debugging||yes||yes|
|Disable/Enable Rooted Device||Disable or enable unionfs||http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UnionFS||yes||yes|
|Disable/Enable Clear Unionfs Dir||Disable or enable deleting unionfs overlay dir||http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UnionFS||yes||yes|
|Disable/Enable Compcache||Disable or enable Compcache||http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Swap_and_Compcache||no||yes|
|Disable/Enable Copy Archos Files||Disable or enable copying archos files||Copy Archos Files||yes||yes|
|Info about kernel||Gives you information about the kernel version||yes||yes|
|Set timeout bootmenu||you can set here the default timeout for the bootmenu||yes||yes|
|Recovery||Reboot to archos recovery menu||no||yes|
|Reboot||Reboot the device||yes||yes|
|Back||Back to the main menu||yes||yes|
- If you copy a gzipped img file like the downloadable gingerbread.img.gz, you can just copy the *.gz file to your archos. It will then be unpacked with gunzip at first boot. Note: First boot will take more time to complete. Also if you make a manual entry in menu.lst, just use the filename without .gz extension.
- Only for gen8: If you want to boot straight into SDE, just remove android in the recovery menu.
Copy Archos Files
If the script in initramfs finds a file named archos.inc in the root of the image file it will parse it and try to copy the files from original firmware to your image. Afterwards it will rename the file to archos.inc.bak. Setting the option in Advanced Menu to "Enable Copy Archos Files" will force the copy again of archos.inc.bak.
A short example of the archos.inc file is:
NOTE: it will copy the files to the same directory structure as they are on original firmware. The directories don't need to exist it will create them.
/system/lib/libVendor_ti_omx_config_parser.so /system/lib/libopencore_author.so /system/lib/libdspg-ril.so /system/lib/libdectril.so /system/lib/libpvrANDROID_WSEGL.so.18.104.22.16861 /system/lib/libopencorehw.so /system/lib/libopencore_downloadreg.so /system/lib/libomx_sharedlibrary.so /system/lib/libopencore_rtspreg.so /system/lib/libglslcompiler.so /system/lib/libFramebufferUtil.so /system/lib/libOpenVGU.so /system/lib/dsp/postprocessor_dualout.dll64P /system/lib/dsp/vpp_sn.dll64P /system/lib/dsp/720p_wmv9vdec_sn.dll64P /system/lib/dsp/720p_mp4vdec_sn.dll64P