The Archos SDE firmware includes a version of the Angstrom Linux distribution. Angstrom is designed specifically for low-resource and handheld devices, and in some respects is well-suited for the A5. It is contains an X server and X-based utilities, and will run standard X apps (with suitable compilation) However, Archos only intended this Angstrom build as a proof-of-concept, and considerable work still remains to be done to make it useful for day-to-day purposes.
Note: Most of the links contain information for the gen6 devices, however there will also be some info that can be used for the other archos generation.
- Work in progress to improve the SDE base Angstrom distribution
- Optional Angstrom packages, fixed or improved for the Archos 5
- Setting up the Angstrom build environment (stable)
- Setting up the Angstrom build environment (unstable/dev)
- Enabling wifi on SDE gen6
- DSP Integration
- Sound Integration
- Buttons Event Integration
- FBReader fix
- Java runtime installation
Recent Angstrom wiki additions/changes:
Note: This will only track pages that start with Angstrom