Enabling the accelerometer (does not work yet)
- from the extracted archos firmware copy the following files to your froyo image:
- /system/lib/hw/sensors.archos.so to /system/lib/hw/
- /system/lib/libshm.so to /system/lib/
- /lib/modules/mma7456l.ko to /lib/modules/ (this is GPL code, the source is provided by archos)
- add the following lines to your /init.rc in your froyo image (before the "on boot" line)
mkdir /dev/shm mount tmpfs tmpfs /dev/shm insmod /lib/modules/mma7456l.ko
- kernel driver gets initialized, the userspace driver creates /dev/shm/sensors
- We receive no events from the kernel /dev/input/event3 device, if we dont setup /dev/accel_ctrl via ioctls device
- the original driver from archos seems to be incompatible when using with froyo.
- when building froyo, do we have to specify that we actually HAVE an accelerometer somewhere?
- if so, is sensors.archos.so really incompatible with froyo?