|Version 11 (modified by dm8tbr, 3 years ago)|
download the needed files from the archos homepage
- download the SDE firmware, rename the file firmware_archos5.aos to sde_archos5.aos to avoid confusion
- download the regular 2.0.xx Android firmware from archos
You now have one file named firmware_archos5.aos which is the original android os and one file named sde_archos5.aos which is the SDE containing anstrom.
compile aos tools (instructions for Ubuntu 10.04)
sudo apt-get install libssl-dev (if you have not already done it) svn checkout http://aos-tools.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ aos-tools cd aos-tools/libaos make cd ../tools make sudo cp aos-unpack /usr/local/bin/
unpack original firmware
Of all the files unpacked, the following are of interest:
we will need them later
Quick Steps For Setup:
- Copy sde_archos5.aos via usb the root of your device, then unmount cleanly.
- Connect the USB charge/adapter and Open the file using the File Manager
- Angstrom will boot afterwards, it takes a long time. Be patient. You will have to create an initial user account and set a password.
- Now Logout/Turn Off Angstrom
- Boot the device while holding down the [VOL -] button to go into Recovery
- Select 'Repair' and run it.
- Reboot the device again while holding down the [VOL -] button to go into Recovery.
- Press the [VOL -] button 5 times to reach the “Developer Edition Menu”. Then Press [Power]
- Press the [VOL -] button 2 times to reach the “SDE Kernel and Initramfs” entry. Then Press [Power] ONCE. Wait 2 seconds.
- The screen now should say “connect your device…” – Please do so and mount the device on your desktop PC.
- If u have trouble viewing the archos disk drive in your computer use following tools to view the ext3 drive.
- Download the following files
- Copy those two/three files to the root of your device
- you have to additionally create two directories: openaos and then within this directory update
- then copy the following directories out of the unpacked 2.0.x firmware AOS file: cramfs and system into the just created update directory
- Unmount the device safely. (Else you might damage the files!)
- Press the [Power] button – The screen will flash briefly and say “Kernel and initramfs updated”.
- Press the [Power] button – The device will now reboot.
- The Boot menu should now appear. (notice that Angstrom currently does not work well with the kernel for froyo and 2.0.x firmware, expect updates soon)
Congratulations you should now have an dual-booting gen7 device!