|Version 5 (modified by chebuzz, 3 years ago)|
Java Runtime Installation
The objective of this guide is to show how to install and test a Java runtime environment on the Archos openAOS. This guide was tested on an Archos 7 using the 20100208 version of kevins build.
The guide assumes that
- the wifi has been configured (see elsewhere) and
- the basic rootfs.img has been enlarged (see below). I enlarged it by 600mb (thanks to dm8tbr for how to).
- Unmount the device and reboot into Angstrom.
- Start the wifi service and connect to the net.
- Install required packages.
Open a root terminal or ssh to your Archos and execute the following:
opkg update opkg install classpath-dev opkg install classpath-gtk opkg install jamvm opkg install cacao
- Test the installation:
Execute the following
If all is correctly installed the JVM version should be displayed.
Download the 2 attached classes (3 files). Move the class files into /home/user/ on the archos. In the Root Terminal on the Archos execute:
and a "Hello World!" message should be displayed.
and a window with a Hello World label should appear.
Note that the gui will only work remotely if this is run in a ssh -X remote terminal.