|Version 5 (modified by andoreas, 3 years ago)|
Enabling the accelerometer (does not work yet)
- from the extracted archos firmware copy the following files to your froyo image:
- /system/lib/hw/sensors.archos.so to /system/lib/hw/
- /system/lib/libshm.so to /system/lib/
- /lib/modules/mma7456l.ko to /lib/modules/ (this is GPL code, the source is provided by archos)
- add the following lines to your /init.rc in your froyo image (before the "on boot" line)
mkdir /dev/shm mount tmpfs tmpfs /dev/shm insmod /lib/modules/mma7456l.ko
- kernel and userspace drivers get initialized, /dev/shm/sensors will be created by the userspace library
- but we receive no events from the kernel /dev/inputX device, there is a /dev/accel_ctrl device, maybe we have to inizialize the device via an ioctl()
- archos has a userspace application that initializes the device with calibration date (/usr/bin/create_accel), even with that I was not able to get it working.
- when building froyo, do we have to specify that we actually HAVE an accelerometer somewhere?
- is sensors.archos.so compatible with froyo? (at least lights.archos.so is)